I'm having a bit of a slow morning today. I slept in, then had trouble deciding what to blog about (actually, that indecision stems from last night since I typically like to schedule my morning posts, but I thought I'd dream up something good). It's been a while since I've done a Science Byte, so I was getting that ready as Pat was getting ready to leave. He made his first pot of coffee of the season & offered me what was left after filling his travel mug. I took my mug out onto the balcony with me as I watched him drive away.
The air was fresh & crisp - coffee steam, sweetly scented with maple, warmed my chin. I paused for a moment & took advantage of just being there. It was nice.
Then I came inside & enjoyed my warm beverage.
I'm not really a big coffee drinker, but if it's sweetened & diluted with enough milk, I don't mind it. Plus, Pat likes this maple blend I pick up at a little coffee shop down the street, so it's actually pretty good.
Alright, as long as we're taking a look at my morning in photos, let's see what's on the agenda for today.
- running a lab on campus (rescheduled from Monday)
- pick up an OSAP form while I'm there
- email off my finished committee report - as soon as I get more feedback from my supervisor
- submit my dental info to opt out of the insurance while I'm still covered under my dad
- Coffee House at work this morning (free coffee & Timbits for grad students)
When was the last time you stopped, took a deep breath & just enjoyed being present?