- I made Pat his shepherd's pie & a brownie for his birthday. He seemed to have a great day & liked his gifts (especially the fudge).
- I had a meeting on campus with the other BioPharm TAs. Looks like I'm a volunteer TA this year since they won't hire 3rd year Master's students. Luckily, BioPharm is my undergrad program & the advisor likes me. Indeed, he talked to me & another TA about a different BioPharm course, wanting to know our opinion on how to make it run more smoothly. Yep, we felt pretty important.
- On Wednesday, Jorge Cham, the engineer/cartoonist who publishes PhD comics, gave a talk on campus. He was SO funny - though in a nerdy way. I don't think the Arts & Humanities kids were laughing much... I got a free 2GB McMaster USB stick (made out of sustainable bamboo!) & a free lunch for going. I also picked up a book of the comics since I enjoy them. I decided against standing in line for an hour to get it signed though..
- Last night Pat & I went over to our buddies to watch the game (football season started yesterday! Go Saints!) & have some wings.
- I haven't done anything crafty unfortunately. I didn't list anything (shame!), I didn't make anything, I didn't work on anything. My energy level has been running on low all week. I've just been catching up on some reading (only a little over 200 pages to go in Sepulchre by Kate Mosse). It doesn't help that I still don't have my camera. Nikon has had it for 14 business days (well passed the 7-10 they stated) & when Pat called they only said they were still working on it. Pat thought this was perfectly acceptable .... I'm going out of my mind! TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! I don't care if you've fixed it or not, if you CAN fix it or not - GIVE ME A CAMERA NOW!!!!!!!! (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)
Friday, September 10, 2010
Even though as a Master's student I never really ended school, back to school time is particularly busy at the university. Plus, with my thesis wrapping up, I've had lots to do... Here's what I was up to this week: