Unfortunately, as I mentioned yesterday, no new pictures from this week. My camera will be fixed in 7 to 10 business days......... I CAN'T WAIT!
But until then, I still have a few to show you ... Let me explain:
- I baked. On Monday I made both a strudel & streusel & decidedly memorized which is which. I used up some of my fresh nectarines & raspberries to make a strudel following this recipe (I found some old phyllo pastry in my freezer that needed to be used up ... as such, it was a little less crispy than desired). But I had some leftover filling, so I threw together a quick crisp topping, which can also be called a streusel (basically just means a crumbly topping). YUM! Except not so much for Pat, who "doesn't like baked fruit" ... Right. So.....
- Wednesday I made him a mixed berry cobbler using this recipe (with berries I found on my freezer-cleaning expedition)... which we didn't eat that night because we went out to Mandarin (FINALLY! I've only been asking since May!). It was delicious reheated yesterday though.
- I asked my mom to get my dad to scan & email me some photos so that I can blog tomorrow. It's my birthday tomorrow, have I mentioned that? I thought I'd show you some awesome cakes my mom has made over the years. Here's a little preview (me at 9):
- Speaking of cake, I'm supposed to get some at work today... it's a lab tradition. They always get me some decadent chocolate cake - they know me well! Can't wait for lunch!
- I still have some pictures on my laptop (thankfully!) so I'm still listing new things. Like this tissue cozy:
Besides all that, I crafted a lot, went to the post office a lot & read a bit. Trying to stay busy to keep my mind off those gifts waiting to be opened!!! One more day!