Well, I can't let it be all trip, all the time around here. You must be tired of seeing pictures of Western Canada. No?
I hope not actually, because I have lots more to show - and the best still to come! But first, here's what I was up to this week:
- After being gone so long, I needed to catch up on some baking. There's just nothing quite as good as homemade cookies, right? I made muffins (banana topped with blackberries) on Monday & cookies (oatmeal pecan chocolate chip) on Tuesday. They're all gone now of course.
- Everyone has been on vacation at some point recently - so there's been a lot of catching up at work. Not only with people, but with actual work too. I need to make a decision on my PhD position soon ... I hate making decisions.
- I picked up a new book right before I left - Journal Spilling by Diana Trout. I grabbed some cheap watercolour paints & started going through some of the techniques & prompts. It's been a lot of fun!
- I've been slowly updating some things online. The recipe section on my website. Item titles in my paper shop. The blog layout. Fun, fun!
- I've been trying to list something new every day this week. Here's a favourite from each shop: