I'm back! After nearly 2 weeks away, it feels good to sleep in my own bed, eat my own food & pull clothes out of a closet instead of a suitcase! I have tons & tons of pictures to show you over the next few days (we took over 1400!):This is Lake Superior, as we traveled by Sunday afternoon. But first, here's what I was up to this week:
- Sunday night, 1 of the 3 cars we were traveling with hit a moose. It was my brother Matt's car - my sister-in-law's dad was driving, her mom in the front seat & my little brother John sleeping in the back. The moose was HUGE! So big, the front end of the car didn't hit it, fitting through the animal's legs; the moose only smashed in the roof of the car & windshield. It also flew over the side of the car, smashing the driver's window & leaving a hoof-print in the door. Thank goodness for the following: no one was hurt, the car was still drivable, Matt works for a windshield company & Pat invested in CAA before we left. We had the car towed to Sault Ste. Marie, where Speedy Glass very quickly fit in a new windshield so that we could drive home. That moose cost us 12 hours on our trip home ... we were making really good time otherwise...
- We arrived home late Monday night. What a relief - and just in time for Emily (John's girl friend), who started a new job at 8AM Tuesday. After nearly 3 days with very little sleep, I think we all passed out immediately.
- Pat & I drove home Tuesday afternoon. I was ready to get home.
- Groceries & sleep on Wednesday. There is nothing quite as tasty as a home-cooked meal after 2 weeks of eating out!
- Now, I'm just recuperating - I caught a cold from my niece on the trip. Started with a sore throat, then sinus congestion. Now the congestion is in my chest. Awesome. TGIF!
Hope you get to feeling better.
Beautiful photo, anxious to see more.
Lovely photos. It sounds like y'all had a great time. Take care.
Post a Comment