I'm back! After nearly 2 weeks away, it feels good to sleep in my own bed, eat my own food & pull clothes out of a closet instead of a suitcase! I have tons & tons of pictures to show you over the next few days (we took over 1400!):This is Lake Superior, as we traveled by Sunday afternoon. But first, here's what I was up to this week:
- Sunday night, 1 of the 3 cars we were traveling with hit a moose. It was my brother Matt's car - my sister-in-law's dad was driving, her mom in the front seat & my little brother John sleeping in the back. The moose was HUGE! So big, the front end of the car didn't hit it, fitting through the animal's legs; the moose only smashed in the roof of the car & windshield. It also flew over the side of the car, smashing the driver's window & leaving a hoof-print in the door. Thank goodness for the following: no one was hurt, the car was still drivable, Matt works for a windshield company & Pat invested in CAA before we left. We had the car towed to Sault Ste. Marie, where Speedy Glass very quickly fit in a new windshield so that we could drive home. That moose cost us 12 hours on our trip home ... we were making really good time otherwise...
- We arrived home late Monday night. What a relief - and just in time for Emily (John's girl friend), who started a new job at 8AM Tuesday. After nearly 3 days with very little sleep, I think we all passed out immediately.
- Pat & I drove home Tuesday afternoon. I was ready to get home.
- Groceries & sleep on Wednesday. There is nothing quite as tasty as a home-cooked meal after 2 weeks of eating out!
- Now, I'm just recuperating - I caught a cold from my niece on the trip. Started with a sore throat, then sinus congestion. Now the congestion is in my chest. Awesome. TGIF!