Only one more week until my craft show. I haven't started panicking yet... I'll reserve that for next week!
Here's what I did this week:
- Tuesday was the day for midterm evaluations in the course I TA. We (the teaching staff) met with each student one by one to discuss their performance in the lab so far. It's a little intimidating for the students, but very beneficial. Indeed, on Wednesday in lab, everyone was on top of their game: participating enthusiastically, asking questions, showing initiative. Hopefully they'll continue improving throughout the rest of the year.
- Remember these? Well 2 of those stacks look like this: And 2 more look like this: I still need to make quite a few more globes before next weekend!
- My new moo cards came in! They look GREAT! I started making them into bookmarks that I can give away for free (why yes, I'm copying scientific_culture - now hopefully I can be as successful as her at my show!). Hopefully a big "FREE" sign will attract a crowd (& some sales).
- I bought our tickets for the holiday ball the grad student federation is hosting - it's the evening before my craft show... I must remember not to drink too much & set an early alarm!
- I listed these lovely flat notecards this morning:
Have a great weekend everyone!