This is what I woke up to this morning:Makes me want to stay in, craft all day. Unfortunately, I do need to go into work for a bit & set up some experiments... I should be able to spend the afternoon at my desk though. My craft show is rapidly approaching; I've been trying hard to get my butt in gear. Here's what I was up to this week:
- Monday I was good about writing for NaNoWriMo... but the last 3 days I haven't written more than a dozen words. I've fallen way behind. Damn. I'm going to try to devote some time today to writing. Although not as important as preparing for my craft show, I would still like to be able to say I won NaNo.
- So what have I done to prepare for my craft show? I've stitched together some mini notebook sets & cut out lots of holiday tags: Yesterday I stitched together some tissue cozies: I also cut out some more wine & tissue cozies: I want these sewn goods to be well stocked for my show.
- I also worked on finishing up these custom notebooks (that have taken me too long already). I bound one: I also cut into the fabric & covered the book board for this one (I'm always reluctant / nervous when gluing down such pretty fabric - but then always so pleased with how it turned out): Now I just need to get to sewing up the other small one & making a trip to Michael's to purchase some eyelets to be able to complete the larger two.
- Right after finishing up TAing lab on Wednesday, my cell phone rang, which is rare. I answered, wary. "Hello?" "Finally!" I didn't recognize the voice that was exasperated with me. I think I said something eloquent, like "Huh?" trying to figure out what was going on. Was it a wrong number or was something really wrong? "Jaden has been trying to call you all night!" Oooooooooh! Realization dawns. It's my brother, Matt - his daughter's birthday was Wednesday. She was calling to thank me for the gift I sent. I had a sweet conversation with her in the hall outside the lab room. Made this Auntie smile.
- I listed some more holiday mini notebook sets: