Well I'm back in the Hammer & just melting. It is so hot here compared to what it was up North. Yesterday, I slept most of the day away & was still tired come nightfall... the heat just saps away all my energy & motivation. Hence the lack of blog posts (sorry!). I need to live in a location where the average summer temperatures peak at around 25oC!
Anyway.... my week off just flew by - before I knew it I was packing up to come home, wondering where the time had gone. I had planned on doing so much: a boat ride to the falls, a night at my gramma's cottage, swim, work, journal & craft... perhaps a bit ambitious, but I had a whole week! Needless to say, my vacation to-do list remained mostly un-checked. What did I do all week???
- I jumped in the river for the first time in years
- I went shopping with my brother & his girlfriend
- I floated down the river (& paddled up it) on an inner tube
- I made my parents supper (pasta with fresh tomatoes & zucchini)
- I helped prepare food & gift bags for my Aunt's surprise shower
- I watched my niece & nephews while everyone was at work
- I pulled weeds in the garden
- I painted & collaged with my niece
- I had a water gun fight with my brothers & nephew
- I stayed up late & partied with my brothers & sisters-in-law & friends
- I played board games (Scrabble with my dad, Monopoly with my niece & nephews, Apples to Apples & Boxers or Briefs with my brothers & sister-in-law & friends)
- I splashed around in the pool (my brother's & Pat's parents')
- I was surprised with some graduation gifts (now I just need to graduate!)
- I picked wildflowers
- I got a sunburn
- I relaxed in the shade
- I packed up some childhood books to add to my library (Little House on the Prairies, Nancy Drew & Anne of Green Gables)
So I guess I did get lots done after all! Most importantly, I spent a lot of time with my family - I love those guys! I love how well we all get along & how easily I fit in, even though I'm not around as much as I'd like.
I have a bunch of photos to go through to show you - including over 300 from my aunt's shower alone - but I don't have the energy to do that right now. Later. For now I'll leave you with this sunset I enjoyed while walking from my brother's to my parents' place.