I've been putting this off because I couldn't think of 5 things I did this week! I've been super busy & it all seems like a blur. Let me see what I can remember...
- Monday night I stayed up until 3:30am reading. I just had to finish Steig Larsson's The Girl Who Played With Fire. SO GOOD. So sad that there's only 1 book left in this trilogy (with no hope of their being more since the author passed away).
- Wednesday night Pat & I didn't get to sleep until 5:30am. (And I wondered why I don't remember much of this week...) We talked the whole night. He started explaining some of the stuff he was working on & it became a full lesson on recursion, threads & abstraction.
- I started reading a new book. Which is bad, since I need to focus on reading more science & finishing up my degree. But I made the mistake of walking into the bookstore & seeing some hardcovers on sale (with my discount card I got change back from a $10 bill - how am I supposed to resist that??). The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski sounded too good not to purchase.
- Good news all around for my family: first, my dad got a new job! Well, more like a promotion to a managerial position (which surprised us since the government typically gives those jobs to ex-military, which my dad isn't & he was in competition against one). My aunt found a wedding dress! And my sister-in-law just found out she has an interview on Thursday for a Personal Support Worker (PSW) program put on by the Red Cross. In North Bay, they're offering to pay you to take the course if you work at least 900 hours for the Red Cross afterwards. Needless to say, we're all really excited for her!
- I listed some sets of vintage buttons. Imagine my surprise when I found out that I had some Bakelite in my stash (Bakelite is one of the first synthetically-made plastics & highly collectible)! I thought the plastic on these buttons felt a bit different: there are no seams, they have a lovely marbling effect (dark green-grey in colour) & they clink together musically. After a bit of research & a hot water test, these turned out to be the real thing:
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
You are a busy beaver!!! Love the buttons!
you are always up to something
enjoy your weekend
Post a Comment