Do you dream in colour?
Most of the time, I don't remember my dreams. When I do, colour isn't something that typically stands out. I could have been dreaming in colour, but it could very well have been in black & white or something else.
Last night, I definitely dreamed in colour. Rather, a few objects clearly stand out in my mind as having colour. It was a night full of dreams. I woke up a couple times & didn't necessarily go back into the same dream, but all of the sequences were very vivid. Here's what I remember:
- The first sequence I remember I was in a house, waiting for someone. Except I didn't want them to know I was there, so I was hiding in the closet. At one point, a young girl was hiding with me. The closet had piles of blankets on the floor & I wormed my way into them. I covered myself with a bright red wool blanket. I remember it being thick, heavy & scratchy.
- I woke up. It seemed like I had been hiding a long time.
- Next thing I know, I'm in a bedroom in this same house. I'm no longer worried about someone showing up to find me. The young girl & I are getting ready to go to bed. There's a big window opposite the door & I can see a magnificent sunset. The sky is pink & red & orange. I approach the window to get a better look & realize it's actually the moon setting, not the sun. As I watch, the white disc disappears behind the horizon ... but then almost immediately reappears. Then I see an arm - from the elbow down to the hand - appear beside the moon. It's the moon's arm........ and it points to the right, forward (towards me) & to the left. I turn away from the window, stunned. A guy walks into the room & says "that's some sunset!" I tell him it's a moon set & that I'd seen something odd in it. He looks outside.
- I woke up.
- Pat's driving me to work. We go up to the emergency entrance, the one I always walk in. I know there was some complications once there, parking & such, but I don't remember it all. I just remember walking into the lobby (which is actually at a different entrance). Some lady is sitting there, stops me by asking if I'm "Amanda Wendy Giesler" ... I say "well, I'm Amanda Giesler, close enough" & approach. She gets up & reveals a teddy bear under her seat. He's brown & sitting, with red hearts or balloons. I think it was some sort of a prize... I sit down at a table with her & a man & she asks for my passport to confirm it's me. I give her my health card because that's what I have on me. She looks it over & then goes through some papers. I don't remember all the details, but they were giving me feedback on my time in the lab & TAing. I get a list of nice things, but the last one is pointed out. She tells me, in a low voice, that there'd been a few complaints about my having really bad B.O. I was shocked & wondered what the heck....
- I woke up.
- I'm at home & had just taken off the clothes I was wearing while talking to that lady. I clearly remember my light blue jeans on the living room floor. I'm in my robe & Pat's in bed when there's a knock on the door. I'm flustered, thinking it's the women & I can't answer if I'm not wearing the same clothes she saw me in earlier. I fumble with the clothes as the knocking becomes more insistent. I see the handle turning, so I stumble towards the door to hold it closed. Apparently there's only a chain lock. The door opens a crack & I slam it shut, then look through the peephole. It's an old friend of mine (I recognized her orange hair - I haven't actually spoken to her since undergrad though). She protests, saying she doesn't want to come in, just give me something. So I let her open the door & drop a few packages inside. I don't say a word. I almost open the door to thank her when I realize what she's given me... but I don't. I just watch her get on the elevator through the peephole. The gifts are for my nephew Edward, who was turning 1 soon (in my dream - he's actually 4 now). I explained to Pat that she knew that I was headed home to celebrate because she'd read it on my blog. The gifts were all toys, in bright primary colours. I only remember one of them: a telephone on wheels that you can pull around (we actually do have that toy back home - I think it was originally my younger brothers, but Edward played with it a lot too).
- I woke up.
So... do you dream in colour?
Do you remember it all being in colour, or just some specific objects? Or do you clearly remember dreaming in black & white or shades of grey?