Another "blink & it's gone week" for me:
- Wednesday was Med Sci Research Day - I was a poster judge. There were student presentations & posters followed by a lasagna dinner. It was lots of fun to catch up with some of the people in my graduate program.
- I've been on a bit of a reading binge. I just finished Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie & am itching to start another one. I recently picked up The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson that I'd love to dig into (not to mention the 30 to 40 books in my library that I still haven't read)... but I should probably start concentrating on reading research articles to prepare for my upcoming conference & eventual defense...
- The TV series finale for Pillars of the Earth (based on the Ken Follett book) was this week. I loved the book - the series was only OK. There were some liberties taken, obviously & the acting was so-so. Still, I like these period series - Camelot is airing in the fall & I'm really looking forward to it.
- I bought some corn flour on the weekend & made pancakes Sunday morning. Delicious! Then I made some blueberry muffins with corn flour & oats... I sort of made up the recipe according to a couple different ones I found online. They weren't too bad, the bottoms were a little dry though.
- I listed a few things this week. Mostly tissue cozies: