I made some pumpkin tarts on Friday - they didn't quite turn out how I wanted, so this recipe still needs tweaking. But I wanted to share because they're so darn good. I followed the pie recipe on the side of the can of pumpkin - with a few modifications.
Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake Tartlets
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
smidgen of ground clove
2 eggs, slightly beaten
14oz can pumpkin pure
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup evaporated milk
8oz cream cheese, softened
24-36 unbaked 2" tart shells
1. Mix the brown sugar with the spices.
2. Stir in the eggs.
3. Mix in the pumpkin.
4. Stir in the milk & cream.
Divide in half, set one aside.
5. Beat cream cheese into half the pumpkin mixture.
6. Spoon cream cheese until tart shells are 1/2 full. Freeze until firm. Top off with reserved pumpkin mixture.
7. Bake at 375F for approximately 30minutes or until set.
Problems: the filling is too runny to allow the layers to sit on top of each other - which is why I added in the freezing step. I haven't actually tried this - my layers just sort of mixed together. The tarts were still delicious.
Also, if your cream cheese isn't soft enough, the filling won't be smooth. Again, still delicious.
I had extra filling with only 24 2" shells. So I filled a few ramekins. Again, delicious!
Let me know if you try these!