- Pat & I made a trip to our storage unit to drop off the winter tires (& rims) my brother found for us. He got them for free too - so that saves us $700. Sweet!
- Denis, my supervisor (& the program director) for the course I TA, gave me a book on Wednesday - Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. His house looks like mine: lined with bookshelves. Every so often, he clear out a whole bunch & always asks if I want any (as if I'd say no). He knows me well! I'll start reading it as soon as I finish The Secret River by Kate Grenville (as recommended by my mom).
- I've been running a proliferation assay where I have to be in the lab at 5:30ish to count cells - for 6 days straight. Day 2 today. Ugh - seems so late when I typically get home by 3.
- I expected 2 fat samples yesterday, but the surgeon forgot for the first one & the surgery was cancelled for the second one. Since that surgeon is leaving in a week, I have to find someone else to get me the last few samples I need... arg.
- I usually like ending these Friday Fives with a new listing I've posted... but I haven't even done anything crafty this week. Wait, that isn't true - I've been working on a paper globe for a friend. I just need to glue it together now.
Friday, October 15, 2010
I know I say this every week, but this one was crazy-busy! Most likely because it was a short week: Pat & I traveled back to Hamilton Monday evening. Here's what else I was up to:
Related tags: five
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment