- I met with my supervisor on Wednesday. It went really well. We discussed my progress, my publications (coming soon) and what I'm going to do after I graduate. I told him I want to do my PhD, so he mentioned a few potential research groups he knows are excelling in the fields I'm interested in. The most exciting position would be at the University of Groningen, in the Netherlands. Well, exciting in terms of the environment, I'm not too sure about their research yet. I still have a lot to look into... but I need to decide somewhat soon!
- I got a fat sample in yesterday! I haven't had one since February! I need these to finish my project - I need to do co-cultures with the fat... so I need fat samples to come in. We discussed omitting the part of my thesis that deals with the co-culture - but the results I have so far are exciting, so I have to continue.
- I've received 2 custom requests this week. I don't want to jinx anything by talking about it, but I'm excited to get working.
- I missed posting the Science Byte yesterday (watch for it tomorrow) - mostly because I was having some visual disturbances. Part of my vision was all sparkly ... it sort of sounds like I had an ophthalmic migraine (commonly called an ocular migraine, but those typically have intense pain whereas ophthalmic ones don't). I took a nap & felt much better afterwards. My hip was also killing me yesterday - I did some yoga & it helped a bit, but it's still bothering me this morning. I need to see a chiro. The pain is on the other side of my hip (the outside) - over a year ago, it was on the inside of the same hip. I was sent to physio because a tendon was slightly torn ... or that's what the doctor figured (they couldn't see anything in the ultrasound or x-rays, so it was really a guess). I can't see how I could have torn it when I don't really do any physical activity... ANYWAY, I'm pretty sure both pains are simply because my hip is out of line. So I need to book an appointment with a chiro. They would probably be able to help with both my occasional lower back pain & this weird sensation I've had for over a week now. My right thigh has a pinched nerve or something... the skin feels hyper-sensitive. Almost like it's "fallen asleep" - pins & needles - but only when I rub it......................... sheesh, I sound like I'm 82! Just get me my walker & I'll be fine (said in a shaky, old crone's voice).
- I listed a few new items in all my shops. This reversible pendant necklace is one of my favourites:
Friday, May 7, 2010
Each week, I mention how quickly the days have flown by - this one is no exception!