So... um... where did the month of January go? Seems like it was still here at the beginning of the week & now... gone. We're already a month into 2011! Time sure flies when you're busy!
- I made some banana oatmeal muffins with dried cherries. The sour bite of the cherries was very reminiscent of cranberries. Since I have 2 more brown bananas, it looks like I'll be making another batch ... maybe chocolate chip this time?
- Pat & I bought a dishwasher! A used, portable one - and quite old - but it works! YAY! (we both hate doing dishes) We got it from an older woman who is moving out of the apartment building & into a home. We wheeled it down last night.
- As a result, we've had to rearrange the living room a little, making room for the table (which used to be in the kitchen). I'm not extremely fond of it being right there when you walk in the door: But it does give me another surface to craft on. And if you could see all of my desk, you would understand why this is important. I'm also hoping that we'll eat at the table more, instead of on the couch.
- I love amazon.ca. I get books within a day or two of ordering them. This time I picked up Creative Workshop, a book filled with design projects to help develop my inner graphics designer. I also picked up this GMAT prep book. Why yes, I am now considering getting my MBA. I still don't know exactly what I want to do, but I think an MBA would be very beneficial, especially since I want to be in charge. I'm just not sure if I should go straight to business school after my Master's or work for a bit to gain some experience. Critical life decision are hard to make...
- We got about a foot of snow this week - which is the most snow I ever remember getting in Hamilton! Of course, Wednesday night Pat thought he could park
besidein a waist-high snowbank, so even though I live in an apartment building, I had the "pleasure" of shoveling snow. It took us a good half hour to get out - he was really stuck, propped up on a nice cushion of snow. First words out of Pat's mouth when we finally get back upstairs? "Well, that was stupid." *sigh* Ya think?
tee hee love your vintage dishwasher and how you wheeled it down
Post a Comment