June absolutely flew by (and we're already a week into July)! Since half the year is over, I want to reassess my goals and my progress. First, let's take a look at where things stand now.
17 GOALS FOR 2017:
- Read 30 books. (10/30)
- Finish 2 cross-stitch patterns. (1/2)
- Finish Amber art book and start a new one. (started working on this one)
- Take monthly baby and family photos. (6/12)
- Journal or sketchbook daily. (28/30)
- Set a schedule for blogging (weekly) (5/5), crafting (daily) (21/30) and getting out of the house (3-4x weekly) (4/4).
Make and freeze meals for post-partum.
- Gather 10 good crockpot recipes. (4/10)
- Set a routine for exercising (3-4x weekly). (0.5/4 - I finally got back on the rowing machine for one week... then I hurt my back and went on vacation - back at it this month!!!)
- Catalogue library. (no progress)
Host Thanksgiving.(we'll be at our parents' again this year)
- Organize, declutter, minimize, purge. (packed up a few more boxes and the basement is finally usable!)
- Figure out cloth-diapering (still need to practice with these before deciding if I want to continue with it),
nursing/pumping(still need to write a post on breastfeeding) and making baby food (started on cereal this month!).
- Stay in touch with friends while on maternity leave. (yes)
- Tackle a new "kitchen challenge" monthly (challenging recipe / technique). (1/12)
- Be intentional deepening relationship with Pat. Set weekly date nights. (4/4 - still nothing too fancy, but spending time together is what counts)
- Plan a family trip (overnight, not counting grandparents' house). (still deciding if we'll be able to fit this into Pat's busy work schedule)
OK, now I want to reassess my goals. Am I on track to finish by the end of the year? Do any goals need to be modified or changed to achieve success? Let's have a look.
GOALS I NEED TO FOCUS ON:
GOALS I NEED TO FOCUS ON:
- Finish Amber art book. Only 5 more pages to finish + the cover if I so choose.
- Take monthly family photos. Baby photos are easy; family photos are not.
- Set a routine for exercising (3-4x weekly). The rowing machine is easy to access; now I need to figure out the ideal time for yoga and rowing.
- Catalogue library.
- Figure out cloth-diapering.
- Be intentional deepening relationship with Pat. Set weekly date nights. I want to work harder at the "be intentional" part of this goal.
- Host Thanksgiving. This isn't happening since we have to travel North for a birthday party.
- Tackle a new "kitchen challenge" monthly (challenging recipe / technique). I thought this would be a fun challenge, but it hasn't been. Since I have no motivation to complete this goal, there's no point holding onto it.
- Plan a family trip (overnight, not counting grandparents' house). I'm tempted to count our vacation last week here, but we were at our parents' and Pat wasn't even with us the whole time. I'm not even sure we'll be able to fit in a trip since Pat's work will be especially busy for the rest of the year. This goal just no longer seems like a priority.
THREE NEW GOALS FOR 2017:
- Go to a weekly drop-in session or mother/baby class.
- Make a fabric book and a colour sorting game for Marc.
- Use fresh herbs and tomatoes from the garden as much as possible and preserve them come the fall.
These goals make me much more excited for the second half of this year! I'll have to update my goals journal to reflect these changes and keep track of these new goals.