This week was certainly less frantic than the past few have been - it was nice to relax, rest & catch up on some reading. Work was light; I've mostly been concentrating on writing up my thesis & reading more research.
Here's what my week looked like:
- Monday was a holiday - Pat & I went for a drive because I needed a few things, but everything ended up being closed. We stopped at a random convenient store on our way back - one we don't usually stop at - & some guy approached Pat. Wouldn't you know it, he was someone Pat grew up with, someone from our tiny home town! And he just moved to Hamilton that weekend! What are the odds!?!
- I made smitten kitchen's rhubarb cobbler Monday evening. It was AMAZING with fresh rhubarb from the market. It was gone before I even thought to take pictures of it!
- I made this chocolate date bar (again) on Thursday. With only 6 ingredients (plus 3 more for the nutella-chocolate ganache icing), it couldn't be simpler: It was so good last time, I took pictures & kept track of my modifications this time. Expect a recipe real soon!
- I finished Philippa Gregory's The White Queen over the weekend & am reading The Red Queen now. Each tells a different side of the War of the Roses - a very neat contrast when read back to back. I also finished a nerdy math book over the weekend - I'll be blogging about that one a bit later.
- I've been listing lots of earrings in my jewelry shop. I really love how delicate these are: