- Monday I was super productive in the kitchen. I made blueberry-raspberry-banana muffins (following this recipe by bakerella) first thing in the morning. I brought some to work - they were gone within seconds. That evening, I made oatmeal-coconut-almond-chocolate chip muffins (modifying the exact same recipe, using sour cream in place of the banana). Again, these were all gone in the blink of an eye. Even Pat, who turns his nose up at banana bread & anything coconut, loved both of these. Success!
- I've been working hard on my custom orders. Here's a peek at the circles I've cut for the 6 paper globes I'm making for a birthday party: I also listed iWunder's lanyard & the matching necklace:
- I've finally gathered all the supplies for Dorana's custom wedding guestbook - I had an appointment at Quill's to pick up bookboard yesterday. I'm really excited to get started! Here's a look at the 2nd & 3rd coptic-bound notebooks I've made as practice. The 2nd one turned out so-so - I wasn't as careful with the binding as I should have been. It's a bit loose. But I love the papers I chose for the signatures: a fun pattern for the outside of each signature with white pages inside. The corners turned out just right too. The last book I made is perfect. I'm so happy with it! I was super careful with the sewing & finally got the edges to look just right. I love the deckled pages (in blue, yellow, green & cream).And I love my new pinking shears! I can't wait to get started on the real deal tonight!
- I had my allergy skin test at work (to see if I'm normal & can participate in my supervisor's on-going clinical trials). I didn't react to any of the allergens (grass, ragweed, trees, cats, etc) ... but I also didn't react to the positive control, histamine, which everyone is supposed to react to. Ummm... ok. The clinical coordinator who gave me the test was shocked. The only thing we could think of was that the Gravol I got shot in the leg with on the long weekend (more on that here if you missed it) was still kicking around & acting as an anti-histamine (there's some in there). So.... I'll get the test again next week & we'll see!
- I listed these gorgeous brass earrings - perfect for a summer wedding!
Friday, June 4, 2010
It's getting hard to remember everything I did each week - the days seem to just melt together. Yet again, I can hardly believe it's already Friday ... but I'm so ready for the weekend!