This week ended sadly, with the loss of my little finch, Michael. As I mentioned last month, it was expected... but I'm still grieving. I miss his cheerful chirping - the apartment is just so quiet without him. I miss him splashing in the bath, playing on his swing or with his little beaded toy or just approaching the bars when I do. I keep glancing at his empty cage...
But still, I am so thankful - he had a long, full life. He started out in Verner & then moved down to Hamilton with me to keep me company when I lived alone. Ten years is a long time for a little bird & I am grateful.
Here's my Seven for this week:
- Sunday: skating!
- Monday: finishing a good book
- Tuesday: picking up the sequel to a good book (& knowing there are more after that one too)
- Wednesday: Tim Horton's French vanilla cappuccino
- Thursday: new art book to stretch my creative wings
- Friday: Michael letting me hold him near the end
- Saturday: shopping for clothes
What were you grateful for this week?
Sorry about Michael. 10 years is a long time.
Post a Comment