My 25th birthday just passed and I've been thinking about this milestone. Not only am I stepping into a new quarter century, but I'm stepping into a new role in life. I'm leaving behind the casual student lifestyle and entering adulthood with all its seriousness and responsibilities.
OK, so I don't honestly expect things to get that serious around here, but you know what I mean, right? No more lazy summer days or late nights spent studying - no more impromptu coffee or shopping breaks - now I have to find a job & start helping with the bills!
With all these transitions going on, it'll be easy to forget the little things. To slow down & have fun. To create, to learn, to grow. So here's a list of things I'd really like to accomplish in the next year. I want this list to be ambitious - I want to push myself to experience and learn new things, to grow as an artist, as a scientist and as a person.
So without further ado....
26 Things To Do Before I Turn 26:
- read 50 new (to me) books
- write a short story
- publish a zine
- publish a scientific article
- write a guest blog post
- learn a 3rd language
- learn a programming language
- refresh my blog & increase readership by 50%
- journal everyday: write, draw or collage
- make a series of paintings (3 to 5)
- work on series of ACEOs - get to 20 for each (Klimt Goddesses, Women in Science, Strong Women)
- make myself an article of clothing & wear it
- make all the recipes from World Breads by Paul Gayler
- start a new, healthier diet
- eat what you buy - waste less
- use the green bin diligently
- practice yoga daily
- take a dance or exercise class
- learn to walk in heels & look good doing it
- visit another country (besides the US)
- walk in the ocean
- go camping alone with Pat
- move to a new city & explore
- host a tea party
- find a family doctor & get a full physical
- find a job
As you can see, I've included most of the things from my previous list that I left uncrossed. Some of these I know I'll be crossing off no matter what (like #26) - some will be harder to accomplish (#21) - but most are just for fun! I can't wait to get started!
What's on your list of things to do this year?