Since Tuesday's blog post, I've been thinking a lot about being thankful & noticing the little things. The hardest part for me is to remember to be appreciative every day. Lately, my life has been a steamroller - I just feel flattened by all the work I have to do in order to finish up my degree. And honestly, I'm dragging my feet, complaining about it instead of being proactive & productive.
But the point is... life happens. Some days go by so quickly they're just a blur & it barely seems like I've lived them. So - for me at least - being grateful is all about slowing down too.
How do I plan on doing that? I'm still not exactly sure, but I think a challenge is in order. I'm challenging myself to record one thing for which I'm thankful each day. Of course, there's no better way to keep track of a good challenge than by blogging about it (and obviously I can't resist a nicely ordered list)!
Thusly, Sunday Seven is born. Here are the seven things for which I was grateful this week:
- Sunday: chicken roasting in the oven
- Monday: my stand mixer (& Pat for driving me to pick it up)
- Tuesday: feeling empowered after my morning yoga
- Wednesday: MMG craft day
- Thursday: my hat (I get so many compliments on it!)
- Friday: Pat's presentation went well
- Saturday: lazy Saturdays spent reading