Here's what I was up to this week:
- Monday, I made these raw chocolate-date bars: I modified the recipe a bit though, since I don't have stevia or agave nectar (stevia is a natural sugar substitute - agave "nectar" is really a syrup, like corn syrup but made from agave, & almost 100% fructose). Instead, I used a 1/4 cup of sugar (mixed in with the cocoa) & honey... close to 6 tbsp I think. Enough to make the dough hold together. Then I iced them with a chocolate-Nutella ganache. Oh yes. They're amazing - it's no coincidence I don't have pictures of them iced!
- I also broke out my quinoa cookbook & made some raspberry cream cheese muffins:They have cooked quinoa in them, but you'd never know it! It replaces about 1/2 the flour, but doesn't influence the texture of the muffin. Yum!
- I had a meeting with my supervisor on Wednesday. It went really well - mostly discussing my imminent conferences, defense & job search.
- I had another amazing Chuck's burger on Wednesday. SO GOOD!
- My introductory programming course is almost done. I have the weekend to finish up my "app" using the Etsy API. Hoping it'll all come together in time, despite being at home for the long weekend.