Here's what I was up to this week:
- Monday, I made these raw chocolate-date bars: I modified the recipe a bit though, since I don't have stevia or agave nectar (stevia is a natural sugar substitute - agave "nectar" is really a syrup, like corn syrup but made from agave, & almost 100% fructose). Instead, I used a 1/4 cup of sugar (mixed in with the cocoa) & honey... close to 6 tbsp I think. Enough to make the dough hold together. Then I iced them with a chocolate-Nutella ganache. Oh yes. They're amazing - it's no coincidence I don't have pictures of them iced!
- I also broke out my quinoa cookbook & made some raspberry cream cheese muffins:They have cooked quinoa in them, but you'd never know it! It replaces about 1/2 the flour, but doesn't influence the texture of the muffin. Yum!
- I had a meeting with my supervisor on Wednesday. It went really well - mostly discussing my imminent conferences, defense & job search.
- I had another amazing Chuck's burger on Wednesday. SO GOOD!
- My introductory programming course is almost done. I have the weekend to finish up my "app" using the Etsy API. Hoping it'll all come together in time, despite being at home for the long weekend.
great colours...( the upper pic), this one is so yummy....i can't help... the aroma fills my air here...
Those muffins looks delish! My husband loves quinoa! Mind telling me the title of your cookbook?
Post a Comment