Cheesy Chicken Pasta
1 red pepper
3 celery stalks
3 garlic cloves
2 chicken breasts
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
seasonings: salt, pepper, oregano, basil, parsley
2 cups cheese (mozzarella, Brie, Parmesan)
1. Slice the red pepper, onion & celery. Chop the garlic or use a garlic press. Fry together in a little bit of olive oil on medium heat - season as desired. Remove from the pan once the veggies start looking a little soft - about 5 minutes.
2. Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Season. Fry on medium-high heat until brown & cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, start a large pot of water to boil. Cook around 4 servings of your favourite spaghetti/spaghettini/linguine until al dente. I used capellini - the skinny noodles gave the dish a nice texture.
4. Add the veggies to the chicken. Add in the tomatoes & tomato paste. Simmer on medium for about 15 minutes.
5. Grate the cheese (cut Brie into small cubes).
Stir it in. Warm on low for 5 more minutes. (This picture was taken before I added in the tomato paste - it should be a bit let watery.)
6. Stir in the cooked & drained pasta. Serve immediately.
mmm love pasta and cheese... it looks awesome... I really have to try it after I get some cheese...
Post a Comment