One of my goals this year is to finish 2 cross-stitch patterns. I fell in love with the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery's Woodland Sampler back when it first came out as a stitch-along... all the way back in 2013. I've been working on it, not-so-steadily, since then. When I found out I was pregnant, I knew I wanted to complete this piece for the nursery. And I finally did!
I am so happy with how this turned out - it's so cute! I modified a few of the months, but for the most part I stayed true to the pattern (for those interested, my modifications are listed below). Now I just need to frame it!
- January: backstitching to outline deer
- April: turned the jackalope into a bunny (lifted the ears up)
- June: I used a lighter yellow for the firefly belly
- August: didn't include the background mushrooms (they looked like they were floating to me), so I added one to the left side and some clouds in the sky (while lowering the month title by a few squares)
- November: for the snow, I used one thread of white and one of the gold sparkle so that the sparkle would be more subtle
- 2017: went with 2017 instead of the 2013/2014 provided in the pattern; removed the strings/posts attached to the sign and one snowflake that seemed out of place
Post a Comment