Here's what I was up to this week:
- I learned that cotton balls work a million times better than tissues for removing nail polish.
- I hosted coffee house at work this week (free coffee & donuts for grad students once a month). I asked for 40 Timbits, half chocolate. When I got to work, I counted the chocolate ones... 10. What?!? That dumb...... oh wait. There are only 20 Timbits. ARG! So we had a bit of a donut shortage.
- I was extremely busy with experiments this week - only 3 more months to finish everything up. I have even more planned for next week.
- The Sketchbook Project is due Saturday! That means I need to mail it off tonight... so I've been painting, collaging & drawing in there like mad. I'm almost done - just a few more page spreads to finish up this morning / lunch time. I'll show you the whole thing tomorrow. UPDATE (as of 10am Friday): the deadline was extended to Tuesday! *sigh of relief* That makes things a little more relaxed for me today! Yay!
- I figured out a song for Project 52 (the theme for week 2 is illustrate a song). I've been listening to Neil Young's self title album (1969) a lot lately. All the songs make me sing out loud - I especially like "What Did You Do To My Life" which is the song I chose. I decided to go with a lot of editing for this one. I wanted a certain feel to it & I felt the pertinent lyrics needed to be on there. Here are the lyrics:
I don't careif all of the mountainsturn to dust in the airWhat did you do to my lifeIt isn't fairthat I should wake up at dawnand not find you thereWhat did you do to my life
Great song & awesome album! I really like how this one turned out - this project is going to be a fun challenge! I can't wait to find out what the theme is for next week.
Happy weekend everyone!