Here's a recap of my 2016 goals. I think I did pretty decently, considering the great distraction of being pregnant!
16 GOALS FOR 2016:
16 GOALS FOR 2016:
Read 30 books.41/30 (YES!)
- Try 16 new Ottolenghi recipes. 9/16
Try 16 new (loose-leaf) teas.16/16 Put up shelves and organize craft room. Make it inspiring.
- Finish Amber art book - this year I WILL! (I started out strong early in the year, but haven't painted much since... 2017 will take me back into my craft room!)
- Work in sketchbook daily. (Not daily, but almost weekly for a good part of the year.)
- Blog weekly. (Nope. I have 38 blog posts total, which falls quite a bit short of my goal. 2017 will be my blogging year!)
- Finish 2 cross-stitch samplers. (I almost finished the Woodland Sampler. I'm carrying this goal over - this will be my first finish of the year since I plan on hanging it in the nursery.)
Travel somewhere new.(Eastern Canada) Sign up for and pass my SOCRA certification.
- Make an inventory of all my books. (Another big no. I did make a list of the books I have yet to read - it's quite satisfying crossing them off once I read them. This goal is also getting carried over to 2017.)
- Wake up earlier and practice yoga every
morningevening. (I did really well with exercising at the beginning of the year... and then I ran out of energy. Again, 2017 will be a year for setting good habits and routines!) Make a weekly meal plan and prep veggies on the weekend.(I did pretty well with this one, so I'm calling it done. It wasn't quite weekly, but close enough.)
- Get rid of junk we never use (i.e. downsize our "things") and organize storage and spare spaces. (I started on this one, but didn't get too far. I plan on working on this in 2017 too.)
Work on making the backyard nicer (plant flowers, landscape, garden).(Pat did a great job with this - we still want to add a bit more landscaping, but it's quite a bit better than it was.) Set reminders in my phone to make me check in on my goals at least monthly(and blog about it). (10/12 monthly reviews - missed June and November.)
Not bad! I crossed off half of my goals, and put a decent dent in most of the others. I'm really happy with how the year went - blogging regular updates really helped me stay on track. I'm going to do the same in 2017; plus, I've started a "goals" notebook to keep track of some of the more daily/weekly goals I've set. I'll post some pictures of what I'm talking about with my list of 2017 goals.
Post a Comment