As I mentioned in my last post, I wanted to try my hand at painting mandalas next. I went ahead in my altered Amber book (trying to finish it so I can cross that goal off my list! Only 6 pages left!):
Of course I didn't take any in-progress shots, but I have a vague recollection of the layers I took:
I totally winged it when I painted these. I started with a thicker brush and progressively switches to thinner ones as I went on. Once the big flowers were done, I filled in the rest of the space with smaller flowers, circles and dots. I absolutely LOVE how this turned out! I might just have to try painting mandalas on a few more pages as I finish this book!
- Tape spine with masking tape.
- Random collage using bits lying around my desk.
- Paint (mix of light blue and dark purple to end up with lilac).
- Paint mandalas (dark purple with glazing medium for extra shine and to make the paint more fluid).
- Add details with Sharpies of various sizes (black, white and silver).
- Fill in the background (smudging a blue Faber-Castell Pitt pen).
Post a Comment