Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Creative Space: Woodland Sampler

Last weekend, I made a lot of progress on my 2013 Woodland Sampler. One of my summer goals is to catch up on this and I'm pretty confident I can do that (I'm just not so sure I'll be keeping up with the summer sampler at the same time... but that's ok, I'll do what I can and for that one, like the spring one, there's always next year!).
I changed a few things for the April and May squares. In the pattern, the bunny is actually a jackalope (a rabbit with antlers) but I really just wanted him to be a bunny. So I adapted the pattern a bit, omitting the antlers and straightening his ears a bit. Now, in hindsight, I wish I had used a lighter shade of brown too - this colour is a bit dark, making his black eyes hard to pick out. Still, I'm really happy with how cute he turned out!

For May it was a smaller change: the pattern called for two dark sprouts and one light but I swapped the colours because to me, sprouts are a vibrant bright green.

Next up: June! I have the square all ready, I just need to get filling!

More creative spaces.