After a busy weekend, I took it easy this week. Here's what I was up to:
- I went out for dinner with my brother, Matt, & his wife, Terri-Anne. They're in Toronto for my sister-in-law, who had appointments all week at the Lockwood clinic there. This clinic is amazing - they have a bunch of specialists on call so it's basically a one-stop diagnostics centre. Terri-Anne has been having a lot of problems over the last 2 years & the doctors at home were starting to tell her it was all in her head. Actually, no. It's a huge relief to finally be getting some answers. So we had a nice dinner together, just the 4 of us (which never happens at home!).
- I signed up for 2 online secret santas this year. Here are my wrapped gifts - I'll be shipping them out today. Number 1:I got to play tetris to get them all in a small shoe box:
And number 2: I even stamped this gorgeous reindeer on the card envelopes:I hope the recipients love their gifts!
- I had a meeting with my supervisor - I'm extended for another 3 months since I still haven't gotten all the samples I need to finish. What a relief! Pat & I were worried about managing without my pay...
- I decorated my tree! I need a bigger one to hold all my ornaments - as it is, the back is just as fully decorated as the front.
- I didn't get around to baking anything this week, even though I really wanted to. Mostly because our apartment building is infested with pantry moths (& no one is doing anything about it... awesome). I had to throw out ALL my pasta, rice, crackers, cereal, flour, etc. We're heading to Wal-Mart tonight to grab a whole bunch of containers... ugh.