Monday, May 25, 2009
What I've been working on...
The MSOE (Mad Scientists of Etsy) team challenge this month is ornithology. I wanted to do something a little different this month (as most months since it is a challenge) - so I went with a cross-stitch. I had a bird outline I drew for an old ACEO that I based this on, and free-handed it from there. I find the wing a little wonky ... but it isn't too bad. I love the sky lines. Next I stitched in a bright yellow "soar" and curlicue. I wanted to frame it in the embroidery hoop I used to make it - but I couldn't leave the back plain. So I covered the back with some irresistible bird fabric.I'm really happy with how it turned out. And since I have another hoop in this size, I'm planning on making a second version - different colours and a slightly tweaked bird wing. You'll be able to find this piece in my shop real soon - I just need to trim and seal the fabric edges and take some better pictures.
Related tags: science, work in progress
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
that's so pretty! Great job!
awesome job... I was at a craft store today and saw those hoops... wondering if I should try it... but then again my skills with thread and needle ain't so good. =/
Aw, great job! And the backing fabric is such a great touch :) Lovely job — looking forward to seeing the 2nd version.
Post a Comment